Sunday, September 29, 2013

Week 1

Before this journey, I decided that I would eat fruits, vegetables, and fish during dinner time. I feel like I would be physically incapable of nursing and juicing for more than a day or two otherwise. I also decided to do a liver cleanse once a week during this juice cleanse. This week, I have had amazing results with my first liver cleanse.
This has been a challenging yet rewarding week. The most challenging part was the cravings and the increase of my constant headache's intensity. After a little bit of research I think it is my body's way of coping with gluten (found in breads) withdrawals. The main reason for this journey for me is to gain health so that I can lose my chronic tension headaches (that means I pretty much have a tension headache all the time, day in and day out). It stinks that this has caused my headaches to be on the intense side of the spectrum. But I hope that this is just a means to my desired result. Drinking magnesium supplement has noticeably helped unlike magnesium capsules.
The cravings for other food are much stronger when I am cold. I crave breads and pasta the most. Mixing up and drinking some dry green drink really squashes cravings for foods. My ability to manage my cravings are a lot better than in previous juicing cleanses I have done. I think it is because this cleanse is longer, and that somehow motivates me to not mentally consider cravings more.
Cooking for others actually hasn't been hard for me at all. I feel more creative in making raw food. This is such a valuable skill that I will use after this cleanse is over. I hope that being super healthy doesn't just end when my forty day journey is over.
I feel so much energy and rejuvenation in general (minus the headaches). Having my sister on this journey with me gives me so much more strength. She stopped for a couple days (she had to take a test for her Dr. that required her not to juice for a couple days) and I feel like I still was able to keep going pretty well.
When someone hurts my feelings, I feel like I can't hold it in as easily.
It has been so easy for me to fall asleep at night, something I struggled with. I use to be dead tire and still unable to fall asleep but now I feel so energized but can fall asleep easier. Weird huh? Doesn't make sense.
My face has cleared up and looks more vibrant. The white part of my eyes are whiter. I weighted 160 lb before the journey. My weight normally fluctuates between 165 lb and 155 lb. After a week I now weigh 155 lb. Doing this journey just for weight loss seems so ridiculous to me right now as I am here in the journey. I feel like my other symptoms of poor health, mainly my headaches and adrenal fatigue, are what fuel me to keep going.
I don't feel comfortable talking about this journey with others.  I feel so much stronger when I keep it to myself and my sister. I don't even like talking about it with Talmage. When I do it, it weakens my result. I think that I will feel more comfortable sharing with others when I am further along this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment